Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Amazing Neighbors

Yesterday was a nice quiet day. I spent a good deal of it painting and collaging an altar of sorts. It was a big piece of cardboard that resembled a triptych so I've been hanging on for it for a while. Finally yesterday I got to play with it. I'll try to get pics tomorrow. Today was a full-out work day so I didn't have time to snap a photo.

After my quiet day, (yesterday),Patrick and I had some nice spaghetti he made and were settling in to watch some tv when we heard a knock at the door. When I got to the door, my friend and neighbor Justyn was holding a beautifully wrapped package. She said, "We have this present for you...and something to put it under." Jason was behind her holding a Christmas Tree!!

They knew that we hadn't got one yet so they went out and bought us one. Can you believe that?? We had a nice evening together. The guys put it up and Patrick and I added a few ornaments. We're going to really decorate it tomorrow. I was just too tired tonight.

It's amazing to have such wonderful neighbors. It is truly a dream come true.

They also loaned us Narnia and we watched it this evening. Wow! Oh wait, not Narnia, but Prince Caspian. I haven't seen Narnia yet.

I read all the books for the first time when I was almost 30. They affected me profoundly and it was deeply moving to watch the movie. I'm so glad that Disney remained true to Jack's vision. I'm sure the folks in charge of his estate saw to that.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

I think I'm just about ready to turn in. It's been a long day in front of this laptop.

Much love to you all.

2 comments:

Heather said...

How nice of them!!! Wow!

Lisa said...

Heather, as my kids say, "I know, right?" We really love them.