Monday, August 21, 2006

Collage


Altered
Originally uploaded by GroggyFroggy.
I've been admiring altered art for a long time now. Longer than I've been doing this blog or other crafts. I've worked on some altered books, which is fun. If you don't know what they are just type altered books into the search engine. You'll be amazed at how many you'll find. I'm really fascinated by this particular type of art. I think collages are very interesting. I have a confession, though. Some of the more popular styles really creep me out. The sepia tones just send some "fight or flight" signal to my brain. I can still appreciate the work in them and the artistic quality but it just doesn't appeal to me.

So, I tried to do something along the same lines but brighter. Colors I love with more modern pictures. I like it but I am just as creeped out by the 21st century disembodied angel from Elle magazine. Tim thought it was majorly creepy. He hated it. I'm happy with it in some sick weird way. It's creepy but doesn't make me feel like bugs are crawling on me, so I think I hit it somewhere in the middle.

Is there anyone who understands what I'm saying? ?

I really enjoy the cutting and gluing and thinking but it's weird to spend so much time doing something that I know I'm not going to like in the end. Yet, everytime I look at it, I think...I kind of DO like it.

Who knew that collaging would become the crisis of my 40s?

Altered Here's one of her peeking through the geraniums. Now that's really creepy. :D

1 comment:

Hulda said...

It looks nice! It is fun to make scrap pictures. I have done some of it too. Your tags looks nice too. :) I hope you have a nice day, Lisa!