Thursday, May 18, 2006

Memory Lane



I realize it isn't Christmas, but this picture of a child flying an airplane seems fitting when speaking of my child, a boy to me, yet man enough to learn to be a pilot.

When cleaning out a book case last night, I came across The Young Poets Collection, a book in which my son has a poem. It was written when he was ten years old:

It's Me

Around the corner what I see
someone who looks just like me
This guys hair was dirty blond,
his eyes were greenish brown,
He wasn't one bit overweight,
his head was slightly round
Then I ran to tell my mom
about the mirror I had found.


Sniff, sniff

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is such a sweet poem! Sounds like you have a darling son. :)

Anonymous said...

That is just the cutest thing! Bet your eyes just filled up. Blessings.

Ingrid said...

Nice poem! I found your blog through a link on Hulda's page, and I really like it! I will be back! :)

Cherish the Home said...

Awwwww.....

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone. I think he still writes some poetry but isn't as eager to share it. ;) He is a very good fiction writer. He recently wrote part of a story for an assignment in English and his teacher has requested that he finish it as his final project because she wants to hear the end. lol Yes, I know, I am a hopelessly proud mama.

Welcome Ingrid! I'm so glad you came to my blog and I'll look forward to seeing you again.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a darling poem!

Hulda said...

Oh, what a sweet little poem!

Lisa said...

:)