Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quiet Weekend

Here are some new dolls, a new potholder that I quilted and crocheted, a couple of Patrick and Wally Cat cozy moments that I just had to capture, and the transfers were done with transparencies and, would you believe, a gluestick? I heard Claudine Hellmuth make a comment about how transfers are generally either done by use of heat or by using some kind of "goo." I was testing different transfer methods on Friday and suddenly thought "Glue stick glue is goo!" It worked better than anything else I tried. I just put the glue right on the muslin like you would use a gluestick on anything else. I then laid the transparencie facedown, which I learned from Suziblu on Thursday, gave it a little rub and pulled it up. I see lots of quiltie type things coming!

Thanks to Alicia Paulson, I have been bit by the ripple-efffect afghan. I guess it would be handier if it had hit me in the winter but actually this weekend it's been pretty chilly so it feels right right now. I'm going to make it from my stash so I'm using up some greens and blues. I have all this yarn that I got at a yardsale (trashbag for $1.00) a year or two ago! Finally, I may use it up so I can get some cool new yarn guiltfree. :) I don't have a pic of my progress yet. I'm only about 3 or 4 rows in. You can see the yarn in the pic of Wally. It was in his chair and though the chair right beside it is identical, he likes THIS chair. He tried out the other chair but then decided the yarn would just have to make room. Isn't he a cutie?

We've had a great quiet weekend of just puttering around the house and doing little projects and watching movies and ballgames and blogging. I've been looking at some old sewing faves I hadn't seen for a while. Sew inspiring. :)

I am happy.

Have a great week everyone!







5 comments:

gma said...

Hi Lisa
Love all of your recent work!!!!
I saw you on Linklatte this morning in the Artella Shoppes.
Wish upon a star that you could be in Sedona with us.

gma said...

Hi Lisa
Love all of your recent work!!!!
I saw you on Linklatte this morning in the Artella Shoppes.
Wish upon a star that you could be in Sedona with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you have been so busy creating! Love the idea about the glue being goo for the transfers - I may have to try that. Wishing you a wonderful week too.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Cool idea about the glue for transferring...gonna have to give that a try! I love all your projects, the little art dolls are so cute. And a ripple afghan, wow--brings me right back to the 70's!
Smiles, Karen

violette said...

The transfer of you and your sweetie.......is AWESOME....was it a color copy? I can't believe you did it with a glue stick!

Oh....have you done your teleseminar yet? Can you let me know if you haven't and i'll announce it on my blog? Thanks.
Love, violette