Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Am One Who



Now that we have the computer back, I was able to scan my latest SoulCollage® card. I made this one about 3 weeks ago. It was a bit of a challenge (a fun one) because I've basically put all of my magazines in the recycle bin. But I remembered that I had a folder of images that I've been compiling since 2006 so I dug it out and went through it. This is what I came up with.

It was one of the most satisfying cards I've ever worked on. It's funny, when I remembered that I wanted to scan it, I couldn't remember what it looked like so it delighted me again when I pulled it out of the deck.

I haven't actually worked with this card. That happens a lot. I don't have a lot of alone time so I end up not sitting down to listen to the cards I make. Perhaps I can do a little bit of work with it right on this post, while things are quiet and I am in the mood.

I am the one who embraces the Everything that I am.
I am the one who respects the planet and seeks to show that respect more every day.
I am the one who remains amazed at the growth of plants and the gifts they bring. Since first reading the tales of Narnia, in which a bar of metal from a lamp post fell into the fertile soil and grew a lamp post, I have been aware of how equally magical (perhaps moreso) it is that we can take a tiny seed, cover it with dirt and add a little water and sunshine and within days we will see little green plants. Within weeks, it will produce something beautiful for us to look at or maybe even something yummy to eat! I am the one who is constantly finding this a new and exciting realization.
I am the one who still finds wonder in the knowledge that we live on a sphere out in space. I am the one who sometimes finds it difficult to see anything as mundane because it all seems magical and AWEsome.
I am the one who is happiest at home. I am the one who strives to take "home" with me when I go out into the world. I am the one who is filled with different colors and patterns of growth.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

5 comments:

Eloise Taesali said...

I so apprecated your "I am the one who" excersice. I am loving this process and I too am always suprised and sometimes shocked by what the cards have to say. I'm lucky enough to have found a group of people that meet twice a month and spend 4 wonderful hours doing soulcollage together. We also pick one card and to the "I am the one who" excersice. I have posted all my cards on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/aliitasi/sets/72157622122187383

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Love your post---all that you are the one who...very thought provoking and it makes you feel very dear to me ♥
Smiles, Karen

Laura said...

Lisa,
I especially love the taking home with you piece! That just resonates with me deeply in this moment. Thanks for posting!

Lisa said...

Ellie, I commented on your flickr site but let me say again that I love your cards. They are amazing.

Karen, what a wonderful comment. Thank you. You made my day.

Laura, When I first looked at the card I was wondering what the heck the turtle was all about. I had an idea that it was a totem but I didn't focus on it. At the end of my reading, the taking home with me statement showed up. I love this process and I'm glad it resonates with you.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

I think your soul collage is beautiful, and what you have to say about it is just lovely. I've never experienced this process before, though, so I find myself a little lost. Maybe next knitting/gab session (which I hope is soon!) you can explain it to me? :)