I made this doll yesterday. I finally bought some alcohol inks yesterday and tried them out on this paper clay face. I also used them on the beads. Two totally different effects.
I bought beading needles, some charms, some more beads and another mold.
It had been a while since I'd made a doll. I enjoyed the process. It was raining out and I love doing things when there's a nice gentle rain out.
Earlier in the day, I mowed. I had one little patch I hadn't finished so I got it over with pretty early.
Then I showered (I'm leaving out all the everyday stuff for Lois, etc) and went to ACMoore and then walked from there to Barnes and bought two books by Ernest Holmes. Wow. So interesting! I even treated myself to a stop in the Starbucks inside Barnes and sat in the sun by the window and read for a little bit.
Then I came home and played with my new toys.
I had a perfect day and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Angela tagged me with a meme to tell 7 seven things about myself or quotes that I like, etc. Here goes:
1. About 12 or 13 years ago I visited a seminary in Richmond, Virginia with the intention of attending and becoming an ordained minister. I went through the process at my church and was approved by Session (the ruling elders) to pursue ministry, aided by my church. I was stopped at a higher level because the man making the ruling worried that my age and sex might mean that I would change my mind and they would have wasted their time. I guess I proved him right but my life went into a bit of a topspin (self-induced) shortly after that.
2. I have a profoundly mentally retarded brother, Tony, who is 3 years older than I am and is still cared for by my mother. That entails changing diapers and feeding. I did a lot of that growing up. When things started to get serious with dates, I would always ask if they could live with Tony because I always figured if anything happened to my mom before Tony died, he would live with me.
3. I have another brother, Allen, who is an amazing musician. He can play many instruments and he can sing, but his true love is the Steel Guitar. He's played with Willie Nelson, Johnny Paycheck and a bunch more that I can't give right off the top of my head right now.
4. Although I have referred to Tim as DH in my earlier blogging time and even hubby, we are not married. I was embarrassed about that for a long time and Tim does refer to me as his wife and he considers us married so I went with it. As I seek to live a more authentic life, I can't pretend that we're married. We are what we are and we live together. Yep, as Dr. Laura says, we're "shacking up."
5. I did a workshop once with Dawn Upshaw. I sang a solo in front of her. I was too ignorant to be impressed at the time. Now I see her grammy award winning cds and thank God I didn't know while I was singing my solo. A friend at the college sneaked a photograph of us together and gave it to me as a gift; a beautiful black and white.
6. When I was a freshman in college, I went to see Maynard Ferguson for the first time. Afterwards we hung out with the band for a few and lots of girls were hugging the drummer, Brinker. I asked if I could have a hug and he laid a big kiss on me. Whoohooo. :) I had a big crush. About a year later, they did another concert in the area and someone told me that he came out on stage and shouted, "Does anyone here know Lisa Moore?" (my maiden name). I had a friend there who gave him my number. He called. I was out on a date with Tom. (the boys' dad, we were newly engaged). I wonder about him from time to time. I hope he's still drumming.
(EDIT: Oh my gosh, I just had to come back to say, um, yeah...he's still drumming in a big way. lol I need to tell this story more often..my one brush with fame was bigger than I thought...check him out...RayBrinker.)
7. At Roanoke College (college was a good time for me. lol), my friend was a Composition Major and I was a Voice Major. He was giving his senior recital and wrote a song specifically for me to sing. I still have the tape. Boy, he wrote it high! He wrote really beautiful music. I hope he still does.
Ok, that's seven. :) Hope I didn't bore you to tears. I was trying to think of things I don't usually talk about.
Thepurplecucumber tagged me to pick 7 blogs that are my favorite. I tried. I can't do it. If you're in my sidebar, you're one of my favorites. I don't read every blog every day because I'd never get anything else done, but I try to get through the whole sidebar once a week. It's getting harder because I keep adding new ones. lol
I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I love you all.