Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Busy day


Reagan
Originally uploaded by GroggyFroggy.
I've been rearranging things today. I've been looking forward to this. What is it about needing the men to leave before we can really dig in and move things? I moved the book case from the dining room to the living room. I've had a big pile of books in the floor in there and now they have a real home. I also added some stuff to the walls. It was pretty bleak before. The one that looks black is the horse crayon thing I did. The middle one was painted by ex-husband's mother. She didn't even start painting until she was in her 60s. Pretty cool, huh? The mirror is one I painted with a crackle finish (to match the book case) a few years ago.

I lightened things up. Got rid of a heavy winter quilt and added some more flowery things. It feels good.

Living roomNewly arranged livingroomFrench Country? I liked the way the table looked here, with everything from the book case sitting on it. I'm not planning to leave it that way. lol

The picture at the top is Reagan, sleeping on Tim's sweatshirt. Think she misses him? :)

Thank you for all your very, very kind comments and emails. I appreciate your support more than you can know. I'm good today. I've talked to him a couple of times and I'm getting into my own routine so today I've just been at it! I think Reagan could use a hug, though. lol Poor baby. Hugs and kisses to all of you. xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Janet said...

I always do major re-arranging and cleaning when HB is gone. When he's home I just can't get anything done.
I also like the table with all the things from the bookcase on it.

KaiBlue said...

HUGS sweet Lisa, and one for Reagan too..the pic is too cute.
I like what you've done, the blues are so airy..and the florals. I like the table too.. thankyou for sharing and posting pics!!
PEace, Kai

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I always wait until DH is gone to re-arrange. Then I send DD out of whatever room I am working on. She says "Just get out of MOm's way and she will move whatever needs moving."

Reviekat said...

I just came back from a week and half of being gone and was catching up on reading your blog - I'm so sorry you will be without your honey for so long. I hope you are able to get through these three months easily and happily! Just think of all the things you can do while he is gone. :)

I do like the way you have arranged everything. Moving things is so very good when we miss our dear men!!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tinker said...

Aw! Give Reagan a hug and kiss from me - that's too sweet! And here's another (hug) for you!

Glad you're enjoying feathering your nest while waiting for your DH to migrate back home :-)