Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Little thing with drawers from the thrift store..prepaint

I got this little drawer thingey from the thrift store. I thought it would be good for storing those little crafting odds and ends.

First I painted it pink, very light pink and it just did not appeal to me, so I painted it my old standby color...green.

new arrangement

And now it resides here in my dining room. I was so inspired by a post at As I See It Now that I put my pinkies and greenies together in the dining room and I'm loving it right now. I am finding I am rather fickle about color and something I might love for crafting or just to look at doesn't always work in my living space.

I put some brown in the pink and repainted the shelf (it was the very light pink before also) and I absolutely love it now. It's the shelf I had in the bedroom with the record on it. I like it so much I moved it to the dining room. There are a number of different shades of green and blue on that bookshelf and that little shot of pink is so fun. I wish the picture had turned out better so you could see all the different greens.

Oh, I don't know if you can see the little chest on the shelf below the jars? When Tim and I were first seeing each other, he gave me money and dared me to use it on bills. lol I went to a shabby chic consignment shop and spent it all! One of the treasures I got was this chest. It's been sitting on a high shelf, unappreciated, holding cassette tapes for a few years now. Yesterday I dusted it off, moved the tapes out and now it houses my ribbon! I'm loving it.

I guess I'd better go see what else I can get into today.

22 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh the "drawer thingie" is so cute. You are the best thrifter I know!

Lisa said...

lol thanks. I can honestly say that noone's ever said that to me before.

Amy said...

I love how that turned out - very cute!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Amy!

Mrs Blythe said...

Ooo pretty colours! You know I'm a sucker for this combo. I love the little drawers very pretty and useful all at the same time. :o)

p.s. my daughter is so enamoured of her stickers that she is insisting that I change my name to Lisa and she is Rapunzel - I'm not Mummy today, I'm Lisa, lol.

Lisa said...

ROFL! I feel so honored. lol

Mrs.B. said...

I love the little vignette you've created....everything is balanced so nicely! Very pleasing to the eye.

Oh and the shoes in the above post are adorable!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much Mrs. B!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

I wondered how long it would take me to get spam. I'm going to go without word verification as long as I can, though. If it doesn't get too bad, I'll just continue to delete them. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Mrs Blythe said...

I've had a few spams recently. But word verification is a bit annoying because I always seem to type in the wrong letters or misread the wierd font they use. I took mine off a few weeks back.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Lisa said...

Oh man.

Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Mrs.B. said...

Wow Lisa! I've never seen so much spam! We get it occasionally but nothing like this many times in a row.

I hope it stops!