Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ahhhhh....got in a project.

Here's the fabric. It's from a sheet I found today at the church sale. I confess, a year ago this would not have done a thing for me, but now I'm suddenly in love with it. It makes me so happy. lol I'm so weird.

Here's what I did with it.

Ironing board cover

Thanks to Amy's instructions and encouragement and just her enthusiasm over her own, I have made a new cover for my ironing board. Since I spruced up my laundry room ("room" is a stretch...I have to hold in my stomach to walk into it lol) I realized I could hang the ironing board on the wall. It didn't look too nice there in the old cover though. Now it looks awesome hanging there and makes me smile. :) Thanks Amy!

Now I want to put a few stitches into my needleroll since it's SAL weekend, but unfortunately, I have dishes that I haven't finished yet and it's time to take Tim's mom to the bathroom and put her bed rails up and all that good stuff...and I'll probably flop into bed before I get any stitching done.

It's been an awesome day, though, and I have all day tomorrow to get some stitching done so I'm a happy camper.

Goodnight guys.

8 comments:

Hulda said...

I really like the colour and pattern of the fabric. And your ironed cover looks great. I'll hope you will be able to write on my blog.

Amy said...

You're welcome! It's looks amazing and I'm just so excited it worked for you :)

Kristi said...

Wow, you did a great job, Lisa. I love the print of the fabric. It's so pretty. You're very crafty!

Kjersti said...

The ironing board looks great. Nice colors and pattern.

Randi said...

Cute cover! I just made myself one a few days ago too--this must be some kind of trend!

Lisa said...

Hulda, thanks. I was finally able to comment on your blog. I hope you had a nice weekend!

Amy, Aww thanks. I'm pretty excited about it too.

Thanks a bunch, Kristi!

Kjersti, thanks! As soon as I saw it, I said "there's my ironing board cover." :)

Randi, ooooh I'd love to see a pic.

Kali said...

Hi Lisa ~ I hope you're having a lovely day and that you have some time to do something that makes you smile. I love your iron board cover, it's lovely :)

Roberta said...

What a happy ironing board Lisa! Love it!