Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Sermon...an inspiration

I've been missing church lately for a number of reasons. The first couple of Sundays were me being me and needing a break from responsibility and people. I just wanted to stay home. I didn't want to sing...blah, blah, blah. Then right after those two weeks, the schedule changed and it is quite difficult to get breakfast for my motherinlaw, take her to the bathroom, give her her meds, etc, etc two hours earlier than normal to get to church earlier. I will have to this week as I am singing a duet with someone this Sunday, but well....it probably won't happen every Sunday. Anyway, I am quite blessed in that the sermons are posted on the internet..on our church website. I could read our Pastor's words all day long every day. He rarely fails to remind me of the awesomeness yet everydayness of the Christ. Sometimes I lose the fire and I'm sure reading or praying could bring it back, but part of the loss of the fire is the loss of the desire to read or pray. Tupper (our Pastor) has a way of getting to the kernel..the gut of faith. Once again I have been overwhelmed with the presence of Christ this morning, reading this sermon and I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy and I hope you are as blessed by it as I was. I may just go read it again. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it Lisa, it's just wonderful, no wonder you felt overwhelmed :o)

Hulda said...

I should read your pastors sermon. I understand your responsibility for your mother-in-law. My mother has the same thing with her mother, my grandmother. It is not som easy to have responsibility for old people. I hope you have the time to write me a mail soon, I am missing you! :)

Lisa said...

Sarah, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought of it while I weeded today (hours and hours. lol). It was wonderful.

Hulda, I feel for your mother. You're right. It is not easy.

I will try to write to you tonight. :)

Shereen said...

Thank you for sharing. I will be reading it tonight on my beloved's laptop when I am forced to lay down with the drops in my ear. Thanks for the link to it.