Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sitting with Silence

Well, it's been a month since I've posted. How about that?

I'm in the midst of Spring Break and it's wonderful. I'm really enjoying sleeping in a bit, making dolls, thinking whole thoughts, meditating, taking walks and spending time with Patrick, though it is not Spring Break for him so he is still working. I try to remember that and not bug him. :)

Sometimes I forget how much I need these down times. It would be great if meditating and connecting came easily. Perhaps it should. But for me, it takes effort. I mean, to really feel that oneness with others universally, to feel connected to the Earth, to the real me, to you, I need time and energy. I need to sit with silence. That is most important. And then I need time to create. I need time to listen to what others are saying. I need to hear music that moves me. I need to see art that thrills me.

That's what this week has been for me. I feel I'm at a retreat!!

If you find yourself feeling disconnected and burned out, stop. If it is possible, stop. Take a couple of days and just listen. Be quiet. Go out into nature. You don't have to go on a 1,000 mile hike or anything. Just walk to a park or a river. Take in all of the beauty. Listen for the lessons. And then. And then nothing. Just keep them for yourself unless you feel compelled to share. No pressure. Just connect.

It's working for me.

I was exhausted and burned out. Now I have energy and peace and JOY!

Try it. I know it will work for you. ♥

Speaking of music that moves me. Here's what moving me right now.



Enjoy.

6 comments:

Sunshine Fae said...

Here it is!!! What an incredible blog posting. I am so happy you are on retreat this week. We lose our Voice when we keep pushing and pushing ourselves! We lose touch with Goddess and then lose touch with ourselves. Your words are as beautiful as your dolls and art work! Keep blogging my dear witch sister! love you!

Lisa said...

Thank you, my sweet sister. I love you, too!

Stacy Wills said...

oh lisa...this video is just for me today. thank you so much.

Lisa said...

Stacy, you are so welcome! Thanks for letting me know.

J C said...

I did just that Lisa. Went on retreat. I only had to go to my front porch one early evening and make myself feel the calm and listen to nature. It's great, isn't it? Renews a soul. xoxo

Lisa said...

It sure is great, Judie! I'm glad you have such a beautiful place to retreat. Nature does the trick every time.