Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Doodling Around in my Journal





Last night, Patrick and I decided to watch a Pirates of the Caribbean movie on tv. I grabbed my art journal and did some doodling. It was pretty dark so I wasn't entirely sure what it looked like until this morning. The one page has paint on it because I decided it would make sense to sit the birdhouse/spirithouse on it to paint. I hate to waste paint.

I hope to get some time this evening to paint and collage around them.

I was in Barnes & Noble picking up an application and wandered over to the art/craft books. Oh so many I just want to lock myself up in a room with. 1,000 Journal Pagesis definitely one of them. I love Teesha Moore's pages in there, not to mention so many other wonderful artists.

I have some tidying up to do around here. I just realized there are little scraps of magazine pages all around my kitchen table. hehe And there are dishes and laundry calling to me. Thank God Patrick takes care of dinner!

Then I am going to attack those journal pages.

6 comments:

Pam Aries said...

I have promised myself that I,too, will start a new journal ..I always want a new fresh journal book when I begin. I have been hanging out a LOT at Barnes &Noble ..I applied already.ha ha heee

Shell said...

I love the "Be Yourself, everyone else is taken." A very true sentiment.

Tinker said...

I love what you wrote on your journal page, Lisa - so true!
I love 1,000 journal pages too - I sit and gaze at that at B&N often, hehe.
Everything's piled up around here - I cook, but I haven't been doing much of anything else...you're making me want to get out my journal!
Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, Lisa - and wishing you everything you wish for yourself, my friend!XOXO

Lisa said...

Pam, I applied at three different places yesterday, Steger Creek (pretty home stuff), B&N and ACMoore. LOL Hey, I figure I should work somewhere I enjoy being, right?

Shell, I remember reading that quote for the first time a year or so ago and I love the truth and humor in it.

Tinker, I was doing some research for a merchant yesterday and came across a webpage that said in huge colorful letters, "It's TINKER DAY." hehehehehehehe

DMG said...

My husband says he's the only CPA in the world that goes to meetings with magazine bits clinging to his suit. I told him to stop lying on the bed in his suit! Duh! I call my art journal my Big Girl Coloring Book, and, if my house were on fire, I think it might be the first thing I would grab. It gives me an inordinate amount of pleasure to work in it, but I've learned not to question, just to create! I think art journaling helps me to solve a myriad of problems, both art and non-art related. I hope you have fun today with your journal pages; I'll bet that the orange paint becomes something wonderful. Lisa, I'm soooo happy we met this year. You've been such a source of inspiration and help to me, and I hope the upcoming year is as joyous for you as the last one was. Thank you for sharing your creativity, your wisdom, your techniques, and your heart.

Love,
Alberta

artbrat said...

An afternoon by myself in Barnes and Noble is my idea of a mini vacation. Not much could make me happier. I love the be yourself piece. Cant wait to see it all painted.

Happy New Year,
Brandy