Saturday, November 15, 2008

I was Tagged by Doreen!

Doreen tagged me forever ago and since I have no new art to share and you must be getting sick of videos by now, I'll finally do the tag.

Here's the Rules:

1) Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 more people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs 4) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs

Ok, 7 things about me:

1) Thinking of something to write about myself that I think you will find interesting is the hardest thing I've done today.
2) Lately I have been wanting to sing in a choir again. I miss singing the big works and being part of something beautiful like that. I may audition for our Symphony Chorus.
3) Sometimes I wonder about my need for everything to have some larger spiritual meaning. It's been true for me all of my life. I wonder why I can't just make something because I feel like making it? Why does it have to mean something? And why do I feel like I have a message to share even though the message seems ever changing or the venue seems ever changing and why do I think anyone is even listening?
4) I wholeheartedly believe in visualizing, but sometimes have a really hard time figuring out what I want clearly enough to visualize it for myself. I have no problem visualizing great things for Patrick and the kids.
5) When John Lennon died, I didn't know who he was. I was in jr. high and I had to ask. When they said he was a Beatle, I recognized the band but it didn't mean anything to me. Today I watched vidotapes of him and Yoko and read beautiful words written by each of them and I wept. I wish I had appreciated him while he was among us, but I was just a self-centered kid at the time, more worried about fitting in than anything else. Yoko is amazing to this day. I am a brand new fan.
6) I am so proud of my boys even when they are opposed to me. I am proud that I raised them to think for themselves and to be their own people. I am proud that I taught them to have their own opinions no matter what other people's opinions were.
7) I am wearing Froggy Slippers right now that Patrick bought for me last year at Christmas. :) He calls them my Groggy Froggy slippers.

I am not tagging anyone because I'm cool (or lazy) like that.

No comments: