I was tagged by Patricia and by Janet. For Patricia's, I am to tell 7 random facts about myself and for Janet, I am to tell 12 random or weird things about myself that relate to Christmas. I'm going to cheat and you'll have to consider the first 7 as one meme and all 12 as the Christmas "Hoopla" for Janet. Ok? :)
1. I don't feel like it's Christmas until I've seen the Folger's commercial of the boy coming home from college early in the morning and his little sister telling him, "Everyone's asleep." He says, "I know how to wake 'em up." And they open the can of coffee and both take a big whiff. Ahhhhhhhhh. I love that commercial.
2. I love to hear Elvis Presley sing Christmas songs.
3. I am sick of "rockin' around the Christmas Tree."
4. My favorite part of Christmas is looking at the tree with lights late at night and listening to soft music. I also like the lights early in the morning.
5. I am like a child about driving around looking at people's Christmas lights. I can't imagine wanting to put that many lights up but I am so glad that there are people who do it because it makes me happy inside!
6. When I attended church, Christmas Eve was my favorite service.
7. Every Christmas I remember childhood Christmases-the good, the bad and the ugly. The good-Being at Grandma's house and hearing the radio report of just where Santa had been spotted and hoping I'd get home in time to be asleep when he got to my house.
The bad-Getting caught peeking at one of my presents and spoiling the surprise for my mom.
The Ugly-Mom and Dad fighting every Christmas. Dad was always mad on Christmas morning because either they had agreed not to buy each other anything and mom did anyway...or because she didn't. Either way, he was mad.
8. When I was considering ministry, it was the Christmas song about Mary by Amy Grant that haunted me and reinforced the idea that I was being called to do something.
9. I used to love the traditions we had created with the kids; trimming the tree, making apple cider and playing Christmas songs but I have let them slip as the kids get older (though their Dad is really good about keeping them at his house).
10. Sometimes I look back on Christmases at my inlaws (boys' grandparents) and wonder how I could have given it up. It was always a sweet family time.
11.I love Christmas movies. Especially the sappy ones on Lifetime. I don't have Lifetime (or cable) but I rented Holiday, not even realizing that it had the same feel to it so I got my sappy Christmas movie in. :)
12. I feel like I am living in one of those sappy Christmas movies this year. I'm the lucky girl in the movie who gets the special guy and has her loving family gathered around her.
It feels really good.
And here's the art. A box I am painting, a weird painting, some things from my art journal, and some cool masks that Patrick made from cedar shingles.
I hope everyone has an amazing day.
I'm not tagging anyone. My gift to you all. LOL
Aloha Lisa..Lovely meme, thank you for not tagging us..lol..
I love the art you are creating. I like Patricks shingle guy too. :) I hope your holiday is merry and bright and you recieve everything you want!!
Peace and light, Kai xx
Wow, those shingle masks are amazing! And I really like your journal pages.
Sounds like you're living the Christmas Fairy Tale! Keep shinning on!
I love watching the sappy xmas movies too and I have Lifetime to help me do it.
hello, dear lisa, blogger's letting me comment today, so i'm leaving lots of glittery wishes for my sisters...
hugs and mistletoe kisses to you xxx
Thanks, Lisa. Sorry to do that to you right now but I'm glad you played 'cause I enjoyed your trip down memory lane.
I like those sappy Christmas movies too....and I always get all teary eyed. I hope you hve the best Christmas ever this year. Big hugs to you.
PS - I love those shingle masks!!!
Fun meme, cool art and masks!
I always cry at It's a Wonderful Life, every year.
It sounds like you're living a wonderful life right now Lisa - and I'm so happy for you! (hug)
Way kewl masks. Your Patrick is very talented too.
I really like the tree and house with the mysterious eye. It is so folksy and surrealistic.
Hi Lisa, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too! Can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for you with your creative ventures! Beverly
Post a Comment