Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

New project
We started decorating for Christmas yesterday. Patrick wanted to surprise the boys by having the tree up when they got here for Thanksgiving. We haven't put decorations on it yet but it's lit up. We're going to decorate it tomorrow. Patrick fills my heart with his passion for the holidays.

I tied homespun to the little tree the boys bought for me years ago and I'll probaby put some lights and a few little things on it. There will be pictures.

I have little touches of Christmas here and there but I plan to add a lot more. I can't remember ever starting this early in my life and I love it.

I started the stitchery above last year and the stitching part is finished except for a couple of letters. When finished, it will say, "lit up for the season." I think it's a Cheryl Seslar design but I'm not certain. I may try to finish the stitching tonight and then make something of this little cutie.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was beautiful.

4 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

we're having our turkey tomorrow and I'm so excited! We're going to have so so so much food for just the two of us. lol We'll be eating it for a week afterward, plus freezing some!

:) Can't wait to see pics of your holiday decorating, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

I love your stitcheries and can't wait to see your Christmas decorating!

Laura said...

I can't believe it's snowing on your blog from VA and we've had not even one real flake yet here in southern NH...very strange!

xoxo
Laura

Janet said...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving but I ate waaay too much! I haven't even thought about getting out my Christmas decorations. Maybe sometime next week the Christmas spirit will hit me!