Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Little Apartment Love and Treasure Shopping


We went to a couple of yard sales yesterday. I got this pretty crock. I've been wanting one to keep my yarn in as I crochet so it doesn't roll around. Especially now that a certain little furry boy lives here.

I've started collecting (it seems) these little glass refrigerator dishes. When Carrie at the Blue Nymph did a post a while back about them being more energy efficient than plastic containers I started watching for them. I really like them because (besides being more energy efficient) you can serve things right on the table in them because they're so pretty. Of course, you could always use it as a candy dish or anything you want.

Also got this pretty little vase, a brand new Pampered Chef spring-form cake pan with an additional little heart shapey thingey (for $1.00!) and some mini muffin tins. We got it all for around $7.00 so I came home a happy girl.

I finally did some painting today. I wanted something simple for the living room. It's really started to warm up since I've been showing it some love.

Yesterday I remembered that I had this little watermelon crochet potholder that my grandmother made so I got it out for summer. Isn't it sweet?


Last night I looked down beside me and Zeke was sitting like this between us, just hanging out watching tv. lol Of course, I had to get a picture.

He has claimed this basket and apparently my unstuffed cushion...oh and this little doily that's on my desk. I did have pretty things sitting on it but they were clearly in his way so I moved them and then he fell asleep.

So that's kind of been our weekend. I hope yours was a good one.

14 comments:

Carrie and Justin said...

I LOVE the dish you found and your artwork is gorgeous! I've never been into checking out yardsales, but I think you've given me the bug!!
That watermelon potholder from your Grandma is awesome too!!! I can barely knit, but it is something I want to do better.
Mama, you definitely rock!!!

Shell said...

Your painting is pretty. Zeke is adorable!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Wow! You gave me an idea!
I let you in on it later.

Zeke is adorable! I wonder what his
favorite show will end up being or movie? lol!

The painting is very lovely!!

The watermelon is sweet!

I had a guy that said I could not
buy anything from his garage sale
unless I took home one of his
olive green vases b/4. lol! He
must of had at least 30 of them.
Maybe it was 20. He might of had
more b/4 I showd up though. lol!

That crock is a great idea!

I think I will look for some
of the refrigerator dishes.

I like putting things in glass instead
of plastic. Do you know if they
are microwaveable or not?

I'd use them anyways. Are they oven safe too?

I am getting rid of my tupperware
containers and switching to glass.

I think I kept forgetting to
tell you I liked your header.
I like the new one too.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Art by Darla Kay said...

Cute painting and Zeke is a doll! I just looked at some kitties last night because I'm thinking about adding to my fur family and he reminds me of one I saw there!
Adorable!
Darla♥

★Carol★ said...

Love the crock, the vase, and the refrigerator dish! I like to use those instead of the plastic too. Your painting is so pretty, and you're very talented!
Zeke is a cutie pie!

KaiBlue said...

LOL Lisa..
don't you know that in the kitty universe, EVERY THING belongs to them and we just look after it for them until they need it. :)
peace, Kai

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Ohh--your little Zeke is so dang cute!! I so badly want another kitten, but I already have 2 sweet big kitties and I guess that, unless I want to start a cat farm, I had just better be happy with them!! Can't help it, I think that kittens have to be one of the top 5 cutest things in the world. He looks like he is really settling in around there!

Love your pretty glass refridge bowl--I always snatch them up too when I run across them.

Your painting is really pretty and adds such a nice bit of color to your white wall!

Smiles, Karen

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Little Zeke is cute!!

Rhonda said...

Great finds, great art, and fabulous Zeke pic!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I kind of wondered who that Patrick was who could quote from the Princess Bride. We too love to say inconthevable--and I'm always looking for a chance to say, "Hello. My name is Inego Montoya. You keeled my father. Prepare to die."

I'm in love with your kitty.

Nicole A. said...

Love your finds!! Love that crock and what a great way to use it! Your kitty is soooo cute!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a sweet kitty! Looks so content. That little doily is his now. You know you'll never get it back, don't you!
Brenda

Lisa said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. I will pass the oohs and ahhs along to Zeke. :)