Monday, June 22, 2009

A Little Redecorating


This is already different. I didn't like the toilet paper in the wire bowl after I saw the pic.

This is already different, too.


And, um, so is this.

My favorite "new" thing is the little side table. It was hideous. I covered it with scarves to hide it. Yesterday I mixed up some paint for it. I sanded it to rough it up and painted it with my "new" paint color. Then sanded the edges to distress it a bit. Then Nick took me to a wonderful place, Black Dog Salvage. I found a little fishy drawer knob for a buck. Perfect.



Little washer/dryer alcove with blue insulation foam on the walls. ugh. I dressed it up a little by pinning a thrifted pillowcase, a curtain and a pretty card to it.



Edited because I'm trying to keep my posts shorter. :)

6 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I love that blue sofa!

I put a roll of TP in a
planter with a vintage lid
on it and put it by the toilet.
That way if I run out I have
a spare one close by.

Fun to redecorate with
what you already have
isn't it?

God Bless You and Yours
in Jesus Name, Amen!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks Flassie. I love it, too. Our apartment neighbors moved out and gave it to us (our next door house neighbor gave it to them).

I now have the tp in a magazine basket and a little green wire basket that I never know what to do with. A lid would be good. I like that idea.

Melo said...

Lisa, it's funny how pictures makes us see things differently from the naked eye. I think it's b/c our eyes get so used to things, sorta like a tunnel vision.

I'd get rid of the visible toilet paper too.

I love the little table color, and that floral print on the alcove looks great. Incidentally, that blue is the blue I was painting my studio with but never finished it.

Jess said...

I love what you've done with the pillowcase, it looks really pretty like that and I really like that little green table, it's amazing what paint can do!x

DMG said...

Your house is so creative and colorful and warm. I'd rather have something "thrifted" than something new any day. It's kind of like hunting Easter eggs to me. Most of my furniture came from tag sales and flea markets and great aunts' attics! In appreciation for all the help and support you've given me during the last year, Lisa, I have a badge for you on my blog.

Love,
Alberta

Lisa said...

Cris, I actually love that color of blue. It was the gigantic nails that bugged me so that's what I covered.

Thanks Jessie! Yes, I love paint. Paint can fix anything. :) I wish my landlords would let me paint this apartment. grrr

Alberta, I'd rather have something thrifted, too. If I bought something new, I'd have to beat it up to like it. ha. Thanks so much, my friend. I love the badge!