Monday, January 05, 2009

Scenes from a Walk




This is a new metal sculpture in front of my corner firestation. It showed up there this summer and Sunday I finally remembered to take my camera to get a photo of it.


And this is the corner of the Lifestream Center Garden where Patrick and I were married. There is now a rose bush growing right where we stood. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or what but I like it.

I wasn't feeling well Sunday. I wanted to just climb back into bed but I decided to go for a walk instead. It helped. I came home and worked on a collage for Collage Play with Crowabout.


It's really different from my usual collages, I think. It's really fun and challenging to use someone else's images and to see what everyone does with the same ones. I didn't crop this one all the way in because I wanted you to be able to see the bird's little tail feathers hanging off the edge of the sheet.

This is all done on a piece of cardboard. I felt like working outside the journal for a change.

Friday I have a job interview! Yay!
Barnes & Noble.
Send lots of positive thoughts my way.
I'm getting really excited about working there.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collage. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for your job interview. I am sure you will get it!

Kathie said...

Good Luck for your interview!!

Love your collage too!

DMG said...

I will be thinking of you, Lisa. A job at a bookstore would be heaven! Your collage is fabulous. I feel exactly the same about working with someone else's images, such a fun challenge, and it really makes me stretch!

Love,
Al

Natalie said...

Love the collage, Lisa. It is beautiful.

Lisa said...

Annie, thank you so much!

Thanks so much Kathleen!

Alberta, I feel the same way. Heaven. B&N is one of my fave places ever.

Thank you Natalie!

Shell said...

Good luck on your interview. I'm sure you'll get the job. Working at B&N will be so cool with all those books.
Your collage looks 3-D, like I can walk right into it. So good. And by the way, I tagged you. Only if you feel like playing, okay. You'll see it on my blog.

Hugs.

J C said...

Good luck w/your interview. B&N would be a wonderful place to work, I think! xoxoxo

turquoise cro said...

Sweet collage! Good Luck tomorrow, I bet YOU get that job!!!

Lisa said...

Shell, Thanks! I saw the tag and will try to get to it today or tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me!

Judie Thank you! I think it would, too. I figured my first three applications would be to places I like...ACMoore, B&N, and a home decorating place called Steger Creek. :)

CRO Thanks so much!

Pearl Maple said...

Am enjoying everyone’s posts and will be posting my contribution over the weekend, waiting for the glue to dry can be a long process!

Congratulations on taking on the 12Secrets Challenge you have so many great artistic posts on your blog.