Sunday, October 12, 2008

I love Sundays

I love waking up whenever I feel like it, padding down to the kitchen to make coffee...ok, I'm not that well coordinated in the morning (or ever) so it's not exactly padding, per se. I straightened up all the stuff in my craft area and got out some thrifted napkins and Sublime Stitching patterns (pictures later), made pancakes for Patrick. I had cereal. Oh, that reminds me. I haven't been able to eat cereal for a while, which was sad because I love it so. I did eat granola in yogurt but it's just not the same as a good ole bowl of cereal. I just couldn't deal with milk. It's a mental thing. This week I broke down and tried some Silk (Soy milk...I know, I'm probably the last to try it) and oh my goodness, it's soooooo good and my mind is completely fine with it. I won't even tell you how much Raisin Bran I've consumed this week.

Patrick is working on his novel. He finally had it edited, except for his procrastinating wife's part of proofreading it. But when he started to do the query letter, he made a word count and it was twice as long as a first novel should be! So now he's spending early mornings, late nights and weekends trying to cut it down. I will miss some of the things he had to cut but I know he will make new stories with those things and the novel will come out perfect.

Our business is going well. Patrick works so hard but he truly loves the work. He loves giving businesses something that he knows will help them and I love doing all the other stuff that goes with it. We are a good team and that makes us both happy.

Last night we went out late to an Irish Pub, one of our customers (yay!) to hear our friend Bert Mitchell and his band, The Nicky Tams, play. It was awesome. We shared a plate of curried chips. Oh my gosh, they were so good. Who would have thunk it...curry on french fries. It was awesome.

Yesterday, we went down on the market to see Nick selling his cigar box guitars. Before we even got to him, we stopped by our fave artist's booth and told her we were there looking for my son. She said, "he's not the one with the guitars, is he?" and then she went on to say how amazing and creative and original his work is and what a nice boy he is. Yes, this mama's heart was swelling with pride. :)

Nick Poole (my son) on the Roanoke City MarketNick's GuitarsNick playing one of his guitars. (there's video on my flickr)

He already had a sale and a commission by the time we got down there!

Thanks to Angela for giving me a beautiful award. I am so grateful and touched.

I've had about three awards that I've neglected to share or pass along. I will try to take care of that this week. I do appreciate them more than I can say.

Last night, our neighbors Jason and Justyn dropped by. Justyn makes beautiful jewelry and she made a necklace for me that is just amazing. I'll get a pic later this week (hopefully). Jason has a gift for Patrick, too, and is bringing it over today when he comes over to watch the Dallas game with us. They said the gifts were just for being awesome neighbors. Isn't that cool? We are so blessed and feel the same way about having them as neighbors.

Have a great week everyone. Much love to you all.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

6 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Soy milk is awesome!!! I don't even touch regular milk anymore unless I have to. I LOVE the guitars - those are so cool! I will have to show those to my hubby!

GreenishLady said...

Your life sounds so good and full and rich these days. It's a pleasure to read about it. I'm surprised you haven't encountered that traditional Irish dish - curried chips - before! Good! Too good!

Doe Grozs Art said...

Hey, you changed your blog! I came here to TAG you... play if you want :-)
I know these things begin to be very time consuming...............
Doreen

Anonymous said...

I have not tried silky yet...I love days where you can just relax and putter. Those guitars are such works of art! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Froggy!!! Your welcome!!! You deserve it so much. Your just to wonderful for words.
Love Nick's Guitars! Thanks for sharing with us!
*HUGS*

LadyLinoleum said...

Can't wait to see what you're stitchin'. Hey, those cigar box guitars are awesome. Does he have a website?