Monday, September 15, 2008

Sewing the New Curtains

This is what I did yesterday. I sacrificed one football game to get these ready before the Patriots game! I finished one minute before scheduled kick-off! yay! Cassell did alright. :) Feel better Tom Brady!

I didn't buy enough of this fabric so I only had enough for two windows. I don't know what I was thinking. 3 yards of fabric is not going to cover three windows. But it did cover two with nary a thread left over.

I'm loving them. They really tied all the crazy colors in our kitchen together.

Shorties hanging

Full View

Longer set

As you can probably tell, I didn't line them.

During the game, I crocheted. I'm working on a market bag. Mostly I'm just trying to get in the swing of following a pattern. I bought a new pattern yesterday. I'm going to practice on a few patterns first and then start in on this beautiful shawl. My hope is to have it finished by January so I can take it with me to our national business conference. Isn't it gorgeous? I could not resist it. Man, Ravelry is a seriously dangerous place.

I think that's about it. I need to get to the gym. I took the weekend off so I'm ready to get back on the elliptical and run off all those game beers. yikes!

Have a great week everyone!


For those in Roanoke or coming to Roanoke: I came back to let you know that the coupons I promised are ready. Just go to the Roanoke SuddenValues site and you'll find coupons for Szechuan (15% off dinner!), Beauty Bar and Touch of Class Boutique ($5.00 off any purchase of $25.00 or more!...plus she's having a summer blowout with 35% off clothes and 10% off all clearance!) Show our new merchants some love. They don't pay for the extra blog announcement. It's a freebie just because we appreciate them. :)

xoxoxoxoxox Love you guys!

7 comments:

PennyBlue said...

You are so talented! Love the fabric of the curtains. And the shawl is simply faboo! Happy Tuesday!

Kate Robertson said...

The curtains look great and that is a lovely shawl....Lookiing forward to seeing it made.

Kate

Lisa said...

Thanks Darcy and Kate! I'm looking forward to seeing it made, too, Kate. lol Once I use up my stash practicing, I get to go buy some yummy yarn to make this with. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Lisa! I love them. I'm trying to keep myself from calling you Froggy. LOLOLOL Seeing as that is what I have been calling you. I wish that I could sew like that. :) Your so talented. Thank you for sharing all of this with us. :) I love you tooo!!!
*HUGS*
Angela

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hey Lisa, There is a surprise for you at http://embraceyourgifts.typepad.com/blog/

Pam Aries said...

aha! I am currently sewing up 90 panels of brown velvet!!!! yours look great!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Lisa the video keeps cutting off of Nick. It doesn't let you hear him play. Even at myspace. Is it just my computer or what. Give it a check maybe other people can check too.

Lovely Curtains!

I started a new sketch blog.
Only going to use a magnetic
sketch pad. I don't really no
what it is called. Maybe a Doodle Pad or something?

God Bless, Grace & Peace to You and Yours!!!