Monday, July 14, 2008

This and That



I was given this beautiful award by Pattie Mosca. I have often admired this award on others' blogs and am very happy to receive it. What makes it even more special is that it comes from Pattie, whose spirit and art I so respect. Pattie has since won yet another wonderful...brilliant even!...award. Go to her blog and check it out.

I would now like to present the award to the following five blogs.
To be listed is considered a “special honor.” The Arte y Pico Award is meant to be paid forward to bloggers who merit recognition for their creative efforts.

Sue
Violette
Angela
Imelda I am saddened to say that Imelda's mother passed away last week and this is a sad time for her, but it is just the sweet sharing at a time as this and her beautiful soulcollage work that made me wish to give her this award in the first place. So go give her some love and comfort. She is a wonderful creative soul.
Harriet This is a new place for me but one I wish to return to again and again.


If you have been selected for the award, please pay it forward, following the steps below:
1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog so everyone can view it.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the "Arte y pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Please post these rules!

The Arte y Pico blog is in Spanish. To read it in English, click here. The translation is not perfect.

Patrick and I have a brand new business (new to us anyway and new to Roanoke) and we should begin in earnest this week. I can't really predict yet how much time this is going to take up for me. We are both really excited about it. It's a local (in our case, the Roanoke area) internet marketing business. He'll sign up the businesses and I'll do all the computer and graphics work. Blogging is completely credited with teaching me all I'll need to know to do this work. If not for blogging I would have no clue! Yay Blogging! The job fits our dream of working from home together. It was on our vision board! He loves sales and I love data entry and playing with photoshop and that is precisely what we'll be doing. The Universe is amazing, isn't it?

I am very happy to say, also, that I will finally be having my first SoulCollage workshop next week. I've tried to get one together before but had no response. This time I purchased a MEETUP and announced the workshop. I have had a response and I am thrilled to pieces! The workshop will take place in the same place where Patrick and I got married.

Ok...that's all the news I've got at the moment. :) Have a wonderful week. Much love to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lisa, thank you so much! I just went to your blog a second time and saw this. I can't believe that I missed it before. Thank you sooo much! You don't know what this means to me. :)
*HUGS*
Angela

violette said...

Thanks so much Lisa for the award...Tink gave it to me too! I'll post the 5 names on Monday! Congrats to you and Patrick on your new business!

love, violette