Wednesday, January 02, 2008

January


Top of cigar box
Originally uploaded by GroggyFroggy
It's a cold and blustery day out there today. Today is Patrick's birthday. I ran some errands this morning and picked up some cake mix so I could make him a cake. It's sitting downstairs all ready for him. He opened his presents earlier. I got him some slippers and some colorful tape to use on his assemblages.

I covered a cigar box yesterday. I've been using it for ages and was always thinking I would cover it. Finally, yesterday I decided to do it. I used some of the stamps that I keep in it, some scrapbook papers (around the sides) that I bought at the dollar store the other day, buttons, ribbon and one of my paper clay faces. It makes me smile now when I want to get a stamp. It was hard to open so I put a big button on the top and now it opens right up.

Cigar Box

I got a better picture of the last spirit doll I made. I love my new camera and tripod.

Ever Now

And this is my favorite assemblage that Patrick has done so far.Fishy Shingle

I decided to use one of the moleskines Nick got me for Christmas to hold my intentions for the coming year.Moleskine

I think it's important to keep thinking about our dreams and our visions. It's important to keep our intentions clear and present. I have a vision board but I get used to it and I forget to really stop and look at it and imagine myself inside the beautiful kitchen or sitting at the wonderful desk. Occasionally we move the vision board so that it will be somewhere that will surprise us and cause us to see it.

It's so exciting to think that 2008 is all laid out before us. Even though the measurement of time is of our own making, it's still exciting to have a measurable year ahead.

I've never started a new year with the knowledge of the law of attraction before. This time last year I was just trying to make the best of a situation that I thought had me forever in its grasp.

It wasn't until March and April that I began to imagine the possibility of a different life.

To have this knowledge of how the Universe works right now at this fresh beginning of a year is such a wonderful feeling!

I am not making resolutions. Every day I am creating my life. Every day I make choices that either benefit me or teach me a lesson or are not good choices. I make as many good choices as I possibly can and I forgive myself for the ones that are not always so good.

I see myself as healthy and happy and I know that I attract good health and happiness. If there are things that I do that do not match the vibration of good health and happiness, they will change!!!

Knowing that the Universe is working on our behalf saves a lot of guilt and hard work and beating ourselves up.

So this year I am not making resolutions. I am going to daydream even more and watch in wonder as my life corresponds with those dreams.

Life is wonderful!

5 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

OH, This is so beautifully written!
I am not making those resolutions either. I am going to think of the Blessing's in my day and do the day to day thing.
Particapating in the Creative Everyday 2008 that has no pressure.

Really love what you have done to the Cigar box. That is awesome!!!

I have been thinking about beading something. Just donn't know yet what I am going to do. I see you doll has some on it.

You know the piece of wood that you painted in the other entry? The shape of the wood reminded me of a fish or sheath for a knife. I love how you painted it with the buttterfly and all. Patricks fish reminded me of the shape of yours.

Have a Very Blessed Year!!!

Janet said...

First of all, Happy Birthday to Patrick! And then may I just say that you are such an inspiration to me....the way you write about your life and how you made so many positive changes is wonderful. This year I didn't make any resolutions or set any goals for myself. I'm going to concentrate on improving my creativity. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and for guiding us on this path. You are such a bright light.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Came back and realized I forgot to Wish Patrick a Happy Birthday!!!
A little tune on my violin and mandolin I'll play to wish you the very best Birthday to Date!!! It is going to Be Great because Lisa made You a Cake!!!

One of my slippers are wearing a hole through one of the layers. So I will look for the recycled leather from a pair of boots given to me and make me another pair. I am just going to put the leather on the bottom.

Great Gifts!!!

Have a Blessed Year!!!

tongue in cheek said...

What clever crafts you have ceated!
Happy New Year and many days of wonderful creations!

Lisa said...

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them all more than I can say.