Monday, August 27, 2007

Sacred Vessel

As I was descending the stairs to get my second cup of coffee this morning, I realized that I had today's Sacred Life post right in my hand.

Why does this cup connect me to spirit?

Because it was made just for me by a very special person. Lisa is another Frister. (friend/sister) She has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known.

Her laugh can make your own heart feel light and happy, even when you're scared out of your head. Believe me, I know.

She has a way of making people feel special. She has many friends and we all think we're her favorite. :) And we all are.

Every time I drink from this cup, I am reminded to create from the heart. I am also reminded of the unseen spirit of friendship and sisterhood.

I am grateful to have made sweet friends through this blogging community.

The fact that we can so love people with whom we've never been in physical contact reminds me that there is more to us than this physical body in which we move around.

We are spirit. We connect on a spiritual level.

Then again, I look forward to giving Lisa a big old hug one of these days. :)

11 comments:

s said...

Hi I just found your blog, I followed a link from the Awesome Ms.Dot's blog.
I just wanted to say how much you post today touched my heart. I have a few Fristers also. I love that term, I have never heard it before. My dearest friend in all the world calls me her Heart Sister.
I love your cup, it is so wonderful.
Sunni

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I have to tell you very seriously that this post made me cry. It touched me to the very core of my heart. You are indeed a dear, dear Frister who I hope to meet so I can hug you and do my happy clap!
This added sunshine in to my funkified day, thank you and I love you!
XOXOXO

Pam Aries said...

OH Girlll! I HEAR you. I HEAR YOU! I do! Lisa O is awesome! Lisa Froggy is awesome too!

Naturegirl said...

Ahh..I recognised this cup immediately as coming from Lisa! She certainly has the greatest laugh!!
The biggest heart and extremely talented..truly a gift to the blog community!! Hello from NG

gma said...

You do create from the heart. It is evident in all of your art. That is why we love it!!!!

J C said...

Hey Mz. Frog. Just stopping by to say hello. Did you get my message about the postcard? I'm so glad to see you happy. Be back later. Not spending too much time on the computer right now. xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love the gorgeous cup - Lisa is so creative as well as being such a sweet and generous soul. What a lovely tribute to friendship and finding the sacred in everyday life. xo

KaiBlue said...

aweee..that's so beautiful Lisa...
I agree Lisa-Oceandreamer gets the Big heart award!!!!
you are both Sweetie Fristers!!

Pace n hugs, Kai xxx

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy all things that connect you body and soul to your friends, your sisters, your world! I'm glad to know you through this connection... and eternally grateful! -hugs-

Gledwood said...

Wow that is a very striking picture you're using as your comment portrait (is it called an avatar? or something... well whatever...)
I've hopped in here via various friends of friends it's ages since I've done this and I've found some fascinating blogs tonight...
I used to have the same sort of spirituality as you... I never took it quite so far I suppose as to have an altar... I've always been quite ambivalent about a lot of things... but I did at one time embrace what you might call a neo-Pagan mindset and life pretty wholeheartedly ... ironically I'm back to Christian again!! Isn't THAT a turn-round??!?
Great blog you've got here... if you want to come to mine I'm at gledwood2.blogspot that's my daily confessional where you can read my dissolute (hopefully not for much longer) life and my roborovski hamsters...
ok take it easy!
all the best

from
Gledwood
"Vol 2" ...

Dot said...

What a beautiful post Lisa! I too drink from a cup painted by the beautiful Ms. Oceandreamer.

I am so glad you have found each other and become such close friends. I love the word Frister. Sums up your relationship perfectly.

There is magic in the connections made in this blogging community. And I am very grateful for the connection we have made.

Dot xx