Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday

I bought these birdhouses, unfinished, and am fixing them up to use as centerpieces for the luncheon tables at Presbyterian Women. They still need something. I think I'll get some moss to kind of fill them in. The glare on the mod podge makes them look a little messier in the picture than they really are. I really want to get some diamond glaze or golden gel medium. I hear they're a little more uniform.

I've also been working on my crow chunky book pages. I'm painting each one. They're each just a tad different but with the same colors.

I've had a house full of kids this weekend. Nick's girlfriend was over a lot, Caleb (my stepson) spent the night last night because he apparently locked himself out of his house and his girlfriend was here for a while too and Michael had a friend spending the night. I like it when there are lots of teens here, laughing and getting along.

I sort of sequestered myself in my room with the mod podge, papers and the birdhouses while I watched a movie but also kept an ear and eye out on the kids, and of course, Lois. (Tim's mom)

Tim has called every day since he got settled..usually once in the morning and then again in the evening. He likes his house there and the town. The people he'll be working with seem nice. The facility he'll be working in is nice and it's clean. He seems pretty happy.

I hope everyone is having or has had a nice weekend. It feels like I say that, blink and find myself saying again. The weeks do fly by, don't they? I can remember my grandparents and parent and aunts and uncles saying that 30 years ago, though, so maybe it's just a responsibility thing. My days are really scheduled, even though I'm home. I have to pick kids up at certain times and I have to feed Lois at certain times and take her to the bathroom and give her her medications...so time gets measured in small intervals and suddenly a large interval has passed without my realizing it.

Let me know what you think about the bird houses. Don't be nice. I'm going to be putting them in front of the entire Presbyterian Women gathering and I don't want to look like a fool so if they suck, tell me.


birdhouses1
birdhouses2birdhouses3birdhouse4

7 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

No worries, you certainly won't look foolish! They're great and the Presbyterian women will love them.

Anonymous said...

They're great Lisa, I love the one with the little ladybird (ladybug) :)

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Those bird houses are precious! Isn't it funny how you can look at your own work, and you don't feel its quite right, but then other people look at it, and think "WOW!!" We're always too critical of ourselves, I think :)

Sue Seibert said...

Love the birdhouses!!

mrsnesbitt said...

The birdhouses are fantastic!
Please..................Have a good day! LOL!

Dxx

Reviekat said...

What festive centerpieces! Very springy. :)

Julie H said...

At last I found where to comment on these.

These are wonderful. I like the second set best - but they are all terrific. I especially like that you have not over collaged them.