Monday, December 18, 2006
My Favorite Things
One of my Favorite blogs is The Sacred Art of Living. Christine recently did a list of her 10 favorite "T" things and invited us to do a list of our favorite things that start with a letter assigned by her. I was assigned F for Frog. :)
I wanted to do this because I feel that gratitude is important and I know that I am not always as grateful as I should be. Sometimes we need a little extra kick to think of all the things we really like and are thankful for. So here is my little kick in the form of 10 things that start with the letter F.
1. Friends. That may seem like an obvious first choice, but there was a time in my life when I really didn't care about having friends and now I am so blessed with wonderful women in my life, both on the net and in the flesh and blood world.
2. Felt. hehe I love making things with felt. It only takes a few minutes to have a little cute something-or-other and makes me feel I've accomplished something semi-creative.
3. Furry kitties and puppies when they want to be all snuggly and lovey. I don't have one like that but one day....... (my cat says "hmph, go pet your own self)
4. Fabulous coffee. What? Am not cheating! Ok...but I had to get coffee in there. It's something I love a lot. Coffee is the reason I get out of bed in the morning. I go to bed looking forward to morning because I get to wake up and have coffee.
5. Fairgrounds. I love the smells of food cooking intermingled with the smell of farm animals and their gifts. I love watching the many different people that a fair seems to leech from the surrounding area. Different cultures, different races, different incomes, different religions...all there to have fun riding, eating and seeing the world's largest pig.
6. Fall. What's not to love? Beautiful colors, intoxicating smells, crisp air and blue skies. Hey, even better when it lasts well into Christmas, as it is here. :)
7. Fabric. Need I say more?
8. Food. Which is why I am dieting. My clothes have sounded the battle cry, "Too tight, too tight."
9. Fans. When I was about nine years old, I went on a trip with my aunt to visit some friends of hers. When we arrived and had said a few hellos, we went up to our bedroom to take a little nap. It was very warm, but there was a fan at the foot of the bed. My aunt (who is the coolest) suggested we lay with our heads at the foot of the bed so the fan could blow on our faces. It is one of my favorite memories and I still sleep best with a fan blowing on my face. (even if I need 9 quilts to keep me warm).
10. Finishing! Like I just did. :)
If you would like to do this on your blog, just let me know and I'll assign you a letter. Then let me know when you've completed your list and I'll link to you. Fun!