Saturday, December 23, 2006

And the stockings were finally hung


Chenille Stockings
Originally uploaded by GroggyFroggy.
I kept putting off making these stockings. I have had in mind to make them from a chenille sweater I had but was afraid to start cutting. I am very pleased with the way they turned out. I may eventually sew something on them to dress them up a little but for now I'm pleased. They're the sweater sleeves if you were wondering. :)

Prim Angel Ornament
This is a little primitive angel I sewed. I drew her face with markers. The wings are stuffed felt and there's a button that you have to squint to see in this pic. I enjoyed making her and I may give her to a lady in our church if I can bring myself to let go of her.

Believe Quiltie
This is a little quiltie I made. I designed the angel and stitched her. I first made her into an ornament but I didn't like the ornament so I "unsewed and unstuffed" it and made a quiltie. I like it a lot.

I finally got all my shopping done today. I'm so glad I didn't make myself go out in the rain yesterday. It is absolutely BEE U TEE FULL today. I had the best time, was focused and got everything I needed to let folks know I love them Monday morning.

I have so many people "out there" in internet land who I love and want to send things too. After Christmas I plan to start crafting and arting a lot more. I have been the recipient of so many beautiful wonderful things and it has been really appreciated.

Tim and I had a big fight yesterday. I stayed in bed for the remainder of the day. (I never do that) I threatened to leave...it was horrible. I was sick, sick, sick. Today we kissed and made up. I made my New Year's Resolution to be a kinder, gentler partner. (Now if I could get Minnie Pause to cooperate with me) A gruff speaker and a sensitive soul probably should not try to commune but the choice is made. lol What to do. We love each other despite ourselves. hehe

I hope everyone has a wonderful, wonderful holiday. Love to you.

5 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Merry Christmas to you and I hope your stocking are filled full of happiness, good health and love!!

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Lisa, glad you made up. Your little makings are just beautiful :) I like the Christmas stockings too, inventive :) Have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

these are all lovely - I. too, hope your stocking is full of love, hope, peace, happiness and joy!Happy Christmas. On my list of blessings from this year is your name.....
XOXO
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You stockings and your quilties are adorable Lisa, as well as your little doll. I hope your Christmas is wonderful. Maybe blogger will let me comment this time. Sigh.............

Anonymous said...

Cute little angel and the stockings are gorgeous - the look of the fabric makes me want to pet them :)
((Hugs)) and **wishes** to you, for a very merry (and peaceful!) Christmas, Lisa!