Saturday, September 23, 2006

Treasure the Moment


treasure
Originally uploaded by GroggyFroggy.
This is the last one I worked on yesterday. I have an old calendar with Norman Rockwell prints that I've been wanting to use so after I painted this background, I chose this print. I think it looks like the room is glowing. :) The window is some plastic from packaging (my eyelets I think). I put down some gesso and glitter glue and smashed it down (technical term). Then I remembered that I had some fabric that kind of matches her dress, so I made some wee curtains and used some plastic beads from a thrift store necklace for the tie-backs so the snow could be seen. Don't they look cozy? lol I think it might still need a picture on the wall behind her or something but I'm letting it sit until I'm sure.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I don't have much planned for today. I walked outside and it feels almost balmy. I'll probably stay in and play, though I might do a little weeding and tidying in the yard.

I awoke early this morning while everyone else was still sleeping. It was so nice to linger over all your blogs with coffee. I feel all caught up. Some of you I have to read on bloglines because my computer now views you as a threat. Sorry. I don't know why my computer is suddenly so paranoid but there are a few blogs that just terminate my online session if I click on them...so I tricked it by going to bloglines and signing up. :) The ones I know for sure off the top of my head are Thimble Thoughts, Be Not Conformed, and Frogs & Fireflies. Bloglines won't allow me to comment but know that I am still reading and wishing you all well.

5 comments:

Vintage Wine said...

It`s so cozy & romantic!

I`ve had problems with some blogs too... I don`t know why because suddenly I couldn`t visit them without my computer going mad...

I hope the rest of your weekend will be as nice as this day sounds ;-)

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What a clever collage and I love the window!!! YOU GO GIRL, you're a wonderful creative roll!!

Anonymous said...

I love the window treatment - very clever!!
For some reason, awhile back Firefox stopped letting me see the letters in the blogger word verification codes (thought they were pop-ups or something), so I've had to get creative, and I go on Internet Explorer so I can comment on those blogs who I know use it, which is a little tiresome, but we do what we have to! Crazy computers...

Hope you're having a fun, creative weekend!

Lisa said...

Thanks y'all. :)

Amy said...

I love this one. Those two look so cute and cozy sitting together by the fireplace.