Friday, June 30, 2006

BOB

Or better known as Blog of Beauty nominations are open.

*
This is how I understand "Baptism for the remission of sins." So....feel free to nominate me. teehee


*But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[d] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge[e] of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOB, lol.

Lisa, I have got myself in a right tiz about this! My husband has just come home from work and told me in no uncertain terms that the Nicene Creed is right. He doesn't normally comment on my blogging activities, but he was quite strenuous in his support of the Creed. My mother has joined in telling me that I am getting all worked up over nothing now.

I get easily confused and I was so worried that I was agreeing with something thought up by some committee (I dislike committees). I didn't want to agree with something that I wasn't comfortable with.

So PHEW after all that I can join in with this, I withdrew my nominations, but I hope that Sallie will reaccept my nominations.

I still don't fully understand, but this scripture has really helped and clarifies what my husband has just been trying to get into my head. (I'm a little slow sometimes)

Blessings Lisa

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that the scripture was helpful. :) I appreciate your comment so, so much.